Thursday, June 11, 2015

Six New Peonies Today!

Just when I think that I have a favorite peony- 6 more varieties came out today!! So hard to choose.  Unfortunately those nasty little light brown beetles came out today too. They love to munch on peony flowers, hydrangea leaves, comfrey leaves... you name it, they like it.  I am not crazy about using chemicals on my garden, but the brown beetles and those nasty little red beetles that destroy almost all lilies, get dusted with sevin.  I use the dust so I can see where it goes vs the spray and I am careful not to get it on the other flowering plants. I like my bees!

But- check out the peonies that came out today. There's still a few others that have yet to bloom- a white one, and I think there were a couple singles too.  I guess I better find the labels- didn't realize that I went on a peony splurge last year.  I still think that the Itoh Bartzella may be my favorite- love the yellow, but these are putting on a beautiful show!

Other new blooms... the drift roses are just starting to bloom, as well as the echinacea. There are also a few new poppies, with a gorgeous peach colored one emerging today. The mountain bluet- Centaura montana is still going strong with all 3 variations still blooming.  The only one not out is the black one. The bearded iris are still looking good as are the lupines.  Oh, and the sweet william is just beginning to bloom.

The weather looks to be pretty warm for the next few days,and hopefully we'll have no big thunderstorms to trash the heavy flowers.

Red
Pink with dark pink center
Magenta with yellow center
Pink with puffy yellow center











Old fashioned pale pink














Small pale pink with yellow














 Today's Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment